Food, Health & Safety
Product safety and quality assurance are of critical importance for any business. Any shortcoming, defect or contamination may have unwanted and far-reaching consequences. Risk management throughout the production process and the supply chain is an integral part of a manufacturer’s business strategy and an important factor in competition. Dealing with these issues requires specialist and combined knowledge of the EU and national regulatory frameworks, contract and liability law, insurance law and competition law.
Kneppelhout & Korthals has, since 2007, had a dedicated Food & Health sector team that brings together legal experience with the ability to help clients overcome the unique challenges posed by their particular sector.
What can we do for you?
Our services consist of advising, litigating and contract drafting in the areas of:
- Medical devices
- Agriculture and animal feed
- Product safety
- Recalls and withdrawals
- Insurance disputes
- Purchase/sales and distribution
- Liability and government liability
- Health claims
- Labeling (Regulation (EC) 1169/2011 - Food Information Regulation (FIR))
- Disputes with the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) and other regulatory authorities (COKZ, IGZ etc.)
- Cease and desist orders and administrative enforcement, penalty decisions and economic criminal law
- Application and enforcement of EU law (General Food Law)
- Crop protection agents and biocides
- Chemical substances and REACH
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Customs, paallel import, anti-dumping and counterfeit
- Trademarks copyright and patents
Food Lawyers Network
We are a member of the international Food Lawyers Network. FLN offers a unique international platform of expertise that enables the Food Business Operator to quickly find a competent and experienced specialist in Food Law. Further, FLN enables an international exchange of experience and a transfer of knowledge and facilitates access to other legal systems. Through the ongoing scientific dialogue, important insights are gained for the application and development of Food Law.