Esther van Aalst
On this page
Esther van Aalst (1973) was admitted to the bar in 1998 and became a partner Competition & Market Regulation in 2014. With a background in international accountancy and M&A, Esther has a sharp corporate and strategic insight, which is a valuable add-on to her competition law expertise.
Esther is a dedicated, no-nonsense lawyer with a strong sense for the impact of a matter for a client. In her work she is able to identify and thoroughly understand a client’s challenges and from there provide practical solutions and advice. In doing so, she goes to the core of a matter quickly, for which clients praise her. Clients describe her as a responsive, available and highly communicative.
Esther’s experience goes acrossthe full spectrum of competition law: cartel investigations, dawn raids, abuse of dominance issues, vertical agreements, civil damages claims, and merger control. She has acted for complainants as well as defendants.
Although her clients come from all sectors, Esther developed a particular focus on the sectors logistics, pharma, industrial services and maritime.
- University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands (1998, competition and company law)
Positions and memberships
- Board member of the Antitrust Alliance, a network of competition experts throughout the EU
- Chairman of Finanza, a network for CFO’s
- Member of Dutch Association for Competition law
- Member of Dutch Association for European law
- Member of International Bar Association