Food & Health
The markets surrounding our food and our health, ranging from agriculture commodities to food processing equipment and from cosmetics to medical devices, are some of the most regulated. Companies in these areas of business operate in a complex yet fiercely competitive environment in which the EU regulatory framework plays an ever more important role. Understanding a client’s business environment and strategic aims is key to providing them with first class legal support.
Our Food & Health team provides one-stop legal services in all areas surrounding food and health, combining years of experience in assisting businesses on issues such as intervention of food & health safety authorities, recall, product liability, international trade, supply chain management, distribution, processing, packaging and package labeling.
Our clients are traders and manufacturers of products such as medical devices, over-the-counter medication, agriculture commodities, dairy, meat, beverages, cosmetics, food processing machinery and their insurers.
What can we do for you?
Our services consist of advising, litigating and contract drafting in the areas of:
- Food and feed
- Medical devices
- Agriculture and animal feed
- Product safety
- Recalls and withdrawals
- Insurance disputes
- Purchase/sales and distribution
- Liability and government liability
- Health claims
- Labeling (Regulation (EC) 1169/2011 - Food Information Regulation (FIR))
- Disputes with the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) and other regulatory authorities (COKZ, IGZ etc.)
- Cease and desist orders and administrative enforcement, penalty decisions and economic criminal law
- Application and enforcement of EU law (General Food Law)
- Crop protection agents and biocides
- Chemical substances and REACH
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Customs, parallel import, anti-dumping and counterfeit
- Trademarks copyright and patents
Food Lawyers Network
We are a member of the international Food Lawyers Network. FLN offers a unique international platform of expertise that enables the Food Business Operator to quickly find a competent and experienced specialist in Food Law. Further, FLN enables an international exchange of experience and a transfer of knowledge and facilitates access to other legal systems. Through the ongoing scientific dialogue, important insights are gained for the application and development of Food Law.